11.29.2005

In the works

[edited to remove most work-related commentary. And there was much rejoicing.]

I decided to tour the massage therapy school I will be attending, come February.
A "career change" (to call my current occupation a career is like saying the next two years with Bush will fly by) has been in the background of my discontent for roughly 6 years now, and it's one of two major Taking Action plots currently in the works. What is the second, you ask? I'll tell you by next week. And trust me, you'll want to gnaw on my head for keeping you in such suspense over so little.

So yes, I will be on my way to becoming a registered massage therapist in 2006 (as soon as I can come up with a slightly intimidating amount of money), and I felt like documenting the Beginning of Something, so here I am, documenting and stuff. Everyone I spoke with was extremely enthusiastic and helpful, and I was sufficiently impressed with the Success Stories they had pinned up all over the walls (not that I think I'll be summoned to the Olympics, or go on tour with Neil Diamond, but perhaps some of that luck will rub off and I will at least have a steady income and flexible hours).

The only shaky moment in the tour came when the director came at me with "it's very important to be physically fit as a massage therapist." No doubt, but it was a bit difficult to take seriously as the director is Tubby O'Shortandsquat.

1 comment:

Blogger Lisa said...

Congrats on taking action. I know lots of people who aren't so happy with their lives and jobs and just stay there... because they fear change. :-)

Can't wait to find out what the other option is.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home