11.12.2005

The Morning After

Raise your hand if you went to price exercise equipment yesterday and ended up with a treadmill in the back of your vehicle. Just me then?

After an extremely productive morning (I don’t know why I have this compulsion to pack paid time off with a bazillion errands and fact-finding missions), I decided to find out what my “home gym” idea would cost me. Little did I know that a deviously cheeky little salesgirl would turn my normally reasonable and budget-conscious nature (okay okay I’m Cheapy McSpendNoMoney) on its ass:

Salesgirl (out of the corner of her mouth as she sidles by): Are you being helped?

Q (panicked, and cursing the fact that eye contact’s been made): Just checking things out, thanks!

Salesgirl (walking away): Okay.

Q (muttering): tricky bitch, I almost pulled my wallet out.

Salesgirl (returning): You can apply for a Sears card, no interest no payments for a year, and put that treadmill on it today.

Q: (derisive laugh) I don’t think so.

Salesgirl: But, no interest! No payments for a year!

Q: Heard you the first time, I’m just pricing things today.

Salesgirl: No interest, no payments!

Q: Well, you’re just like a little robot, aren’t you?

Salesgirl (blank look): Um, no interest? (Spend-Money-Now Rays shoot from her eyes)

Q: Alright, alright, now I feel strangely drawn to this fabulous sale you’re having. Did you hypnotize me with the no interest no payments thing?

Salesgirl: But it’s great, no interest no payments for a year.

Q: I heard you, just ring up the damn treadmill.

--------------------------------------------------------

But I did use it this morning, after a fitful night’s sleep (about 5 hours total, happy day) and it was awfully nice to hate exercise in the comfort of my own home.

Unfortunately, I stepped off when inspiration struck me to share my weak will story with the Internet and now Monk is up, which means I’ve pretty much lost television rights for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Blogger Lisa said...

Congrats on the treadmill. I laughed out loud at the "trickey bitch, I almost pulled out my wallet..."

Can I add you to my bloglist Quin-baby? :-) How about this. I will add you but if you protest, I will take you off. K?

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home