4.19.2006

I am not making this up

I was going to post a picture of my new office then describe some artwork that will be hung soon, but I've decided that while you may not need proof that I have a new office, the artwork kind of falls into the see-it-to-believe-it category.

I'm sure I've mentioned how different Boss Lady and I are, from backgrounds to beliefs to what we consider aesthetically pleasing. But I don't know that my objection to the paintings she plans to hang around the new office have so much to do with personal taste as they do with the cringing that comes every time I think of someone coming in, seeing the "artwork," and assuming it reflects the mindset of everyone in the office. I'm not even bothered by the fact that these paintings were given to Boss Lady as a gift, created lovingly by her friend's 10 year old son back in the eighties with a potato stamp and his father's blessing.

(Okay, that last bit of the last bit is a little annoying; your child's artwork belongs on your refrigerator, not framed and hung around my office, but whatever.)

Anyway. Following is one of a group of paintings that I diplomatically banned from my office (the better to grace the common walls and reception area, my dear).

Q to Boss Lady: I'm sorry, what's that big figure standing in the midst of all the oil wells?

Boss Lady (laughing): I think that's a Saudi! Hee Heeee!

Q: Nice.

2 comment:

Anonymous skyhawk said...

Oh... my... God...

1:32 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh wow. Yes. So glad you banned this stuff.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home