4.25.2006

Update-y goodness


My parents and grandmother were in town all last week cleaning and repainting Sister’s playroom, er, I mean, visiting. I took Friday off to spend a little quality time which happened, as it usually does, about 3 hours behind schedule. Because getting my family to decide on an activity and then actually get out the fucking door already! takes a mammoth amount of energy of which I am in short supply. We ended up at a state park which is home to tons of fossilized dinosaur footprints, but only after a twisty-turny, s’posed-to-be-90-minute drive that in fact lasted 3 hours and caused the Gilligan’s Island theme song to blast around and around in my head.

Saturday the plan was to meet up at Sister’s house, visit for a while (hard to visit when some people are out on a 4 hour grocery trip and other people are still slaving over the playroom makeover, however) and then pile back in the car to go to the Fort Worth art fair. This way, the family could gorge themselves on “art” with inflated price tags and I could gorge myself on overpriced fair fare like funnel cake and an $8 polish sausage. I do not regret the $8 sausage. (note to Googlers: sorry to waste your time.) I do regret the purchase and consumption of a $6 wine margarita. Not sure what happened to the hard liquor at the fair, but a margarita made with wine just ain’t right, people. Especially when the hope for a buzz fades with each Sip of Weird.

[edited to remove work-related commentary. And there was much rejoicing.]


I did eventually get to study on Sunday for the second Anatomy test which, ahem, I aced last night. I’m awfully pleased with myself, considering the anxiety and the lack of time and the oh-god-the-Skeletal-System-sucks-and-what’s-a-medial-malleolus bit, but hey, I’m a big nerd after all.

For the second practical evaluation (also last night, thanks a lot, teach!) I had to work on Miss IEP herself. At the end of the hour, I braced myself for a barrage of “constructive criticism” but instead was told that a) it was an “excellent” massage and b) I’m the only student in the class who has nearly put her to sleep on the table. So. It’s a little hard to concentrate with all the Smug in here. I’ll catch ya later this week when I’ve been knocked off my high horse by the Muscular System.

5 comment:

Blogger Lisa said...

Quite a compliment from the teacher. Congrats. Very cool!

9:21 PM  
Anonymous skyhawk said...

Congrats again on your teacher's compliment... but I must ask: is the above pic "Whitewash" near Tramway and Candelaria?

11:52 AM  
Anonymous quinn said...

skyhawk- actually, I'm pretty sure it's "Piedra Lisa," but isn't that in the same area? I just hike 'em, man, I don't remember how to get to 'em...

2:44 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I saw the comment you posted on my site. Too funny your hubby calls you "wifey" too. What's his blog? Please send me a link.

Its always interesting to read the hubby and wife's blogs. You get an idea of what the two must be like as a couple.

It must be a St. Louis guy thing. Course my guy is from Rolla Mo.

10:25 PM  
Anonymous skyhawk said...

Yup -- Same thing. It's known as "whitewash" throughout high school hallways in ABQ.

Big teenage makeout spot.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home