8.30.2006

Itchy

If I were the type of person to leave the office and get a pedicure in preparation for our Weekend of Gluttony, I’d hope I’d come back and tell you that I also received one of the best foot massages in my life, complete with hot stones and an offer of a sea salt scrub. I might add that the part in the rubdown where the woman beat the hell out of my legs was a definite negative, and probably something I’ll ask to skip next time, but overall? Heaven.

Of course, since I’m not the type to skip out of work and then brag about it to the Internet, I can’t tell you that.

My mind is certainly not on the beach already, enjoying the spouse and the dogs and the breeze and the total absence of phone calls, spreadsheets, and guilt trips from family members.

If I were to talk about work on here, I’d swear that I am absolutely focused on getting these last few reports out, not at all watching the clock and Fast-forwarding in my mind beyond the next few hours, past the massage appointment scheduled this evening, and hitting Play at the moment we look at the clock and realize we can watch another episode of The Dog Whisperer because by golly, we don’t have to get up early tomorrow and go to work.

Since there seems to be an abundance of items I should not discuss, and a big ol’ gaping void where anything else of interest might have been, I’ll just sign off. We’ll be away for 5 days which means I won’t be posting again until Wednesday at the earliest. Have a great long weekend everyone (all 4 of you).

1 comment:

Blogger Lisa said...

Ohhh! Have lots of fun. Drink some really yummy alcoholly drinks for me! I need one. Bad. Like now.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home