11.08.2006

Two Years. I think.

I started to write an anniversary-ish post for this site but then I realized I’d just be setting myself up for a never-ending, annual retrospective posting obligation, and frankly? Way too much pressure. This is why, should I ever become a parent, you won’t find me doing the monthly letter thing to my kid. At what point are you allowed to stop? I mean, haven't you exhausted the idea by the 34th month? Does the monthly letter thing just continue on until someone dies? Dear Baby, you are turning the corner to the 288th month of your life... So yeah, the blogiversary post is kind of like that.

Or it’s nothing like that.

I will say, however, that I’m awfully glad I’ve kept this up. And I can only imagine how much of an impact this site is making on the world these days. Why, in a mere two years my readership has exploded from one person clicking through to FIVE. With the stats quintupling like that, I decided it was a good time for a change of scenery (mentioned earlier this week). Hey, I never said fame wouldn’t change me. I’ve already added a banner (thanks for noticing, geez.) (Wait, is this like when you get a haircut and someone says “oh, you got a haircut” and then doesn’t say anything after that because it actually looks kind of terrible?). And the links I receive this week and next will be added in slowly, since messing with the template around here gives me the same panicky chills as that I’ll Love You Forever book.*

Can't do much right now, however. I have two days’ worth of work to finish in the next two hours, since I’ll be out of the office tomorrow and Friday and I have no intention of staying late today. Sister’s checking in for a c-section Friday morning, so I get to clean her house tomorrow and care for her first child until Monday morning. And yes, her husband is in town. And no, I don’t know what he’ll be doing while I’m busy ensuring the safety and happiness and bedtime-at-a-decent-hour of his daughter. If Monk and I have anything to say about it, he’ll be putting the finishing touches on our new fence by Saturday afternoon.




*I was just going to link to the I'll Love You Forever book cover and leave it at that, but then I figured I'd share the Big Creep. I mean sure, a mother loves her son, great, nothing odd about that la-di-da, and then BAM! We hit the brick wall of creepy: “That teenager grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was a grown-up man. He left home and got a house across town. But sometimes on dark nights the mother got into her car and drove across town. If all the lights in her son's house were out, she opened his bedroom window, crawled across the floor, and looked up over the side of his bed. If that great big man was really asleep she picked him up and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while she rocked him she sang…” What. the. fuck. If my mother ever comes crawling into my bedroom window she’ll probably get a reading lamp to the jaw before I realize who it is. And then I’ll have her arrested for B & E. Because damn, mom, call first.

4 comment:

Anonymous skyhawk said...

Yeah, I was thinking "what a sweet sentiment" right up until Mom tripped the alarm on the bedroom window. That's a wee bit "you should have stopped breast feeding when he grew facial hair" for me.

And thanks for the linkage!

4:08 PM  
Anonymous skyhawk said...

And I DID notice the banner; it's what convinced me to add one on my site.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

Too. Freaking. Funny.

Cut the cord already.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I noticed your banner awhile back. But the attention span just isn't there. It was like, "I need to pee. Oh she put up a new banner, Oh I'm hungry. Is it cold outside. Oh look a birdy!" That sort of thing. SOrry I didn't say anything. FOr the record, I think its pretty cool.

Happy anniversary. And yes that book is freaking creepy. ANd that's exactly the part I don't like either. I don't even read it to my son because ewwwww.

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home