11.06.2006

Wow, what an incredible violation

Welcome to Melodramatic Monday! Today's topic is Adding Insult to Injury. At my recent performance review I scored even better and more "outstanding" than I had at last year's review. Too bad the company's no-raise-for-you policy is still holding steady. I knew this would be the case, but I'd still hoped for something, the traditional end of the year, throw-me-a-bone bonus at least. Nada.

But that's not what I'm here to complain about. I found out this morning that the boss apparently had my inbox and sent mail folder installed on her desktop. A while ago. And while it doesn't bother me that she can view it (lie), it does bother me that I was never given a heads-up. Now, I'd assumed the IT people could check in whenever they wanted - it is company email, after all - but, had I known the boss might be peeking, I probably would have kept the massage references out of my personal correspondance completely.

This post is clearly in violation of the No Work Talk policy on this site. I won't lie to you: I can't guarantee that it won't happen again. But I can guarantee it'll be just as boring.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, speaking of boring, I'm going to be changing some of my blogroll throughout the week. I've become disenchanted lately. I'll keep a few, but I'm looking to let in a little fresh air around here. If you have any suggestions, feel free to comment or throw an email at me. I'm hoping for some entertaining, but still lesser-known folks to put up there. So, preferably no one that gets paid generously to blog, or is under contract to put their collective posts into a book or movie anytime soon. In short, no one who will inspire my (misdirected, and sadly impotent) rage when I see they haven't posted anything in four or five days. I'm getting a little tired of the bitter voice in my head yelling "what the fuck! You get paid to do this! You think it'd be okay if I just didn't show up at my job for four days?!" when I check for new posts and come up dry.

Go. Seek. Report back to me.

Thanks.

1 comment:

Blogger Nervous Girl said...

Guhh. That email thing would not sit well with me either. Sometimes I'm glad that our office is small and low-tech.

Also wanted to say "spank you" kindly for the link!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home