12.19.2006

Oof.

Okay, so... between taking the niece to the ice sculpture show, reconnecting with friends (bliss!), working at the clinic, having dinner with Sister's in-laws (don't ask), all the usual blah blah blah of grown-up life, end of season work deadlines, my assistant threatening to quit, my assistant not quitting, bowing out of the guaranteed-to-be awkward holiday party at Boss Lady's house, gearing up for the guaranteed-to-be-awkward holiday lunch the three of us are having tomorrow (a grab bag gift for the first person to show me three people with LESS in common having a long, fancy lunch tomorrow), Monk telling me he will indeed be out of town for work tomorrow (just tomorrow and sure, of course I remember him mentioning this last week), my appointment to officially enroll in the advanced program Thursday afternoon, figuring out what to pack to leave town, wondering how we will survive at my parents' with all 6 of us guests sharing one bathroom, watching the checking account balance plunge farther and farther below comfort level, and actually getting on the plane Friday morning showered, dressed and with all proper forms of identification in hand... I give up. Too much to babble about, too little time. So, have a great holiday (if you're into that sort of thing), and I'll catch you sometime next week (all three of you). Right now I'm going to go have a heart attack.

It does help a little that we'll be flying First Class this weekend. Bring on the free booze.

4 comment:

Blogger Love Monkey said...

yeah, drinking and flying is the ONLY way to fly. Happy Holidays.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Kelley said...

Hang in there! You know, I still have yet to fly First Class; you'll have to fill us in on the mystery of What Goes On Behind the Curtain.

Have a great holiday! Or, you know, a survivable one...

8:13 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

I can SO relate.

Regardless, I hope you have safe and happy holidays, too!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Drink some of that free booze for me!

I know this is coming after the plane ride so I hope you could read my mind and predict that I would be sending you these thoughts. heehee

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home