6.25.2007

I don't know if this qualifies as a "problem"

Hi. How was your weekend. Good, good. Yes, mine was okay, thanks. Saturday, you ask? Well. Remember those drinks Monk and I enjoyed before Operation Baby Bird Rescue blew up in our faces? We thought it would be a lot of fun to have some of those drinks again, then walk over to the movie theater near our house and take in a film. Luckily we opted to see Blades of Glory; by the time we reached the theater it was pretty obvious that our rum-and-Corona-soaked brains wouldn’t be able to comprehend anything more… cerebral.

The movie was awesome. Please don’t ask me to quote any lines or describe a scene from it or anything, just take my word for it that it was great. How would I sum it up, you ask? Hmmm… Will Ferrell (hysterical), something something, GOB from Arrested Development (damn I miss that show), ice skating, less-than-subtle homo-erotic insinuations, the girl from The Office (she’s so pretty when she’s not wearing a cardigan), oh god I’m buzzing, but hard. Whoa. Oh, is it over already? Cool. Can you help me out of my seat?

We left the theater, stumbled over to the store for sustenance (just FYI- “sustenance” apparently meant two big bags of Doritos. That would be our dinner. Which we never tore into. Totally worth the walk). On the walk back we climbed a mountain.





Back home, back to drinking, and oh! Let’s dance! Yay for iTunes! Let’s make a dance playlist (initially titled “Drunk Dance Playlist,” later re-titled “Dance, dammit”) and burn a CD and THEN dance, fuck yeah!

Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance

(If this were the kind of blog where I share too much information I’d probably let you know that after the dancing there followed some hanky panky that could only be described later as “questionable,” and that Monk calmly and quietly threw up a few times afterwards.

I’ve since been told the two events were not related.)

Sunday I was lucky enough to have an extra long day at the massage clinic. I’m pretty sure that hell = having to give a 90-minute deep tissue massage while extremely hungover. The fatigue and nausea were bad enough, but the rolling hot flashes almost took me out of the game.

When exactly is this “growing up” thing supposed to happen?













2 comment:

Blogger Lisa said...

That sounds like an AWESOME night to me Quinn! Yeay YOU.

1:27 PM  
Anonymous skyhawk said...

Funny... but when you and Monk told me about your Soused Saturday, I just knew it had to have involved "questionable" hanky-panky.

I know too much about you guys.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home