7.06.2007

Happiness is...

*The sun is out. At first I didn't know what was going on, what was this unexpected brightness, this lack of moisture, this, this, BLUE SKY? But then I remembered. If only I could scoop all the sunshine and blue sky and NO GODDAMN RAIN up into my hands and fill my pockets with the glory... I might need a little in storage considering the forecast for the next month will be clouds, scattered storms, and general depression. Oops, that last part was an editorial addition.

*So the new tattoo that somehow appeared on my back over the weekend may not be healing as well as I'd like it to be, but it gives me an excuse to not only go back to the tattoo place Monk and I actually like for a re-inking/embellishment, as well as start the brainstorming process for the four-design totem-like thing I plan to have running along either side of my spine... eventually. For now, I get to call myself "a walking work of art," which is a) awesomely arrogant and b) a line from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, which happens to be one of my favorite musicals of all time, mostly because when I saw it Donny Osmond was starring in it and he floated over the audience and looked ME in the eye and waved at ME (yes, that is the story I'm sticking to) and SWOON! Donny! Donny! Oh my god, Donny! I never realized how cute you are and oh boy am I ashamed right now!

*Speaking of musicals: Monk and I are going to the theater this evening. I've heard good things about Spamalot, specifically that it is "pee your pants funny." This is nice, because it has been a long time since I've peed my pants. That I know of. Moving on...

*I went climbing two days in a row this week, and I have the scrapes, bruises, calluses and sore forearms to prove it. Wonder when I started to view day-after pain as an indicator of a good time?

*And maybe best of all: Climbsalot got into med school. His first choice (not a big surprise considering he's a smarty pants), which happens to be right here in Dallas. Which means he is NOT moving 6 hours away like we thought he might. Which means I won't be losing my climbing partner at the end of July. I mean sure, yay for the med school admission, but bigger yay for ME and my climbing addiction.

0 comment:

Post a Comment

<< Home