8.23.2007

So we meet again

The route had been dismantled months ago, an "incomplete climb" looming in the upper silo (which was fine with me since I haven't been in any hurry to reacquaint myself with that bitch). Last night upon my arrival, Climbsalot greeted me with guess what! It's finished! We went up to view the route, freshly reconfigured to present even bigger problems to climbers than ever before ("It's supposed to be more of a PROJECT climb now, rather than something you do all at once," a staff member explained), thereby prompting me to wish Climbsalot good luck with that.

But, because he believes in me (and refused to climb it himself if I wasn't going to try it), and also perhaps because I really, really needed some kind of success story this week, I reluctantly faced my old nemesis (now with more swearing!). And victory was mine.

If you'd seen the overhang, the excessive sweating, and the lack of decent handholds, you'd be asking for my autograph right now. Trust me.

(I'd like to update you all on the brother-moving-in-with-us situation but I sense it's too early to start the complaining and wringing of the hands- bad form, truly. And if I start now, who's to say I'll be able to stop? And I don't think I want to begin a 4-12 month-long complaint. Plus, it's a little hard to concentrate today with all the badass in here.)

3 comment:

Anonymous The Huzz said...

For me, the badass always equals hotass. All other husbands wish they were so lucky!!

Perhaps it is I, my love, that should be signing the autographs..

11:44 AM  
Anonymous skyhawk said...

Um... yeah. Glad to hear you guys had a good time. ROFL.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

You bad ass minx you! Way to go.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home